For those who do not know what Clop Ransomware is? It is recently discovered malware that is designed to encrypt your valuable data and then rename each file by extending the “.Clop” extension to it.
Cybercriminals take advantage to encrypt as they know each file is encrypted and they can easily hack them and restore them for misusing purposes. To fight back the advanced Clop Ransomware, it is suggested that you should download and install McAfee security software via McAfee.com/Activate.
McAfee is the most recommended and widely used antivirus to build a defensive fortress against the latest malware such as Clop ransomware.
What information Clop Ransomware extracts from the infected PC?
Below- mentioned are some of the information that can be extracted from the infected PC:-
- Operating System Type
- System Time.
- Keyboard language.
Symptoms of having Clop Ransomware
- Unnecessary delays in its execution.
- Changed appearances of files and folders.
- It creates a lot of new files on your desktop.
- You see overwritten codes in files.
Note: – For in-depth details about Clop Ransomware, you can visit McAfee.com/Activate.
Prerequisites to remove Clop Ransomware
- The first and foremost thing to consider is to run a backup of important files and folders.
- It is suggested that you should back up your data with a cloud backup solution.
- You need to be patient as the backup process could take a while.
- Make sure your Operating system is updated.
How can you remove Clop Ransomware?
To remove the Clop Ransomware, you need to follow some removal instructions that are mentioned below. These steps are created to help you for deleting files affected by this malware. You can delete the victimized files either manually or automatically with the help of advanced anti-malware software such as McAfee antivirus that can be downloaded via McAfee.com/Activate.
In case you have tried to do a manual removal of Clop Ransomware and you are unable to delete the ransomware completely, then it is recommended to remove the malware automatically with McAfee security software, as it eliminates the virus from your device and ensure complete protection for your device.
If you want to restore .Clop encrypted files, the first and foremost thing that you should be aware of not to do anything manually, because the process may break down in between if you try to remove with extension.
Step-by-step Guide to deal with Clop Ransomware
There are some easy to follow steps mentioned below which you can follow to stay protected from Clop Ransomware:-
- In the first step, you have to reboot your PC in “Safe Mode” in order to isolate and remove the Clop Ransomware.
- Now, you need to clean the registries (if any), created by Clop Ransomware on your computer with the help of McAfee Scan Program (installed via McAfee.com/Activate).
- In this step, you have to find out the files that are created by the Clop Ransomware.
- You have to perform McAfee scanning for the Clop Ransomware.
- This step is optional, but if any of the above steps don’t work, then you can try to restore files that are encrypted with the Clop ransomware.
For more help:
It is suggested that you seek expert guidance while dealing with Clop Ransomware. You can also visit the McAfee official website that goes by the URL www.mcafee.com/activate.