Online threats are evolving, so our internet security must evolve. The Internet is full of elements that are not healthful for your computers such as viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, etc. With hundreds of them emerging on a daily basis, sticking to your traditional anti-virus programs might not be enough to deal with the issue effectively.
Unlike the free trial versions of McAfee products, exclusive McAfee Activate subscriptions with product key provide 360-degree all-around protection with security updates, DAT files, and threat detection technology. It scans and blocks existing viruses and new emerging threats in a blink of an eye to bridge gaps in your protection. You can activate McAfee products and updates via McAfee.com/activate.
Update your automatic virus-scanning engine with McAfee DAT files
Whether you chat, surf, shop, work or socialize, you’ll get the best available protection with minimum interruptions and fast scanning for infected files and malware. Enjoy the features like automatic security scans and updates while you’re not using your computer, just schedule the scan when your PC is idle. In this way, McAfee activates protection will keep your PC’s performance up to date and protects your system and network from potential online threats.
With the latest McAfee DAT updates, all the information will be visible on the screen, which eliminates the pop-up windows and makes for easy navigation. Scheduled scanning and virus alerts will help you monitor your PC’s performance more attentively than ever.
What is the purpose of DAT files?
McAfee DAT files contain virus signatures and other information for McAfee Activate products to help protect your devices against malicious contents, ransomware threats, and other potentially infected files in circulation. The file temporarily stops any active scanning process, services or other memory-resident software components that might interfere with your updates. You can download DAT files via using the link McAfee.com/activate. McAfee also releases new DAT files to help users counter new potential threats that are assessed by McAfee Labs.
How to download and install McAfee DAT files?
You must tap on the latest DAT file version you want to download and then, save the file on your desktop.
- Choose the specific file you want to get downloaded according to the edition of your McAfee product
- Generate a temporary directory on your PC. A new folder on your desktop would be fine.
- Download the XDAT file from Mcafee.com/activate website and save the file to a temporary folder.
- Click twice on the downloaded XDAT file launch the update (the file is saved in the format nnnnXDAT.EXE, wherein is the DAT version number)
- Follow the on-screen instruction
The installer does the following:
- Stops anti-virus scans or services that use your current DAT files
- Uploads McAfee memory-resident software
- Create a copy of the latest DAT files to the appropriate program directories
- Get the application reboot to proceed with the scanning process with the new DAT file.
Once the installer finishes your DAT files updates, you may choose to either delete the downloaded file or keep it saved in case you might need it for further updates.